Tools for Students
Disability Support Services provides a variety of assistive technology tools for student use in the Computer Accessibility Lab (CAL).
Tools available for each disability type
Learning Disabilities or Cognitive Impairments
- Texthelp Read & Write: Scan/OCR, customize able Text-to-Speech & reading options, convert-to-audio, study skills, spelling, and proofreading tools
- Balabolka: Text-to-Speech & customize able reading, convert-to-audio features
- Microsoft Word 2013 - Word has built-in support for equation writing and editing.
- Microsoft Math add-in for MS Word - This free add-in makes it easy to create graphs, perform calculations, and solve for variables with equations created in Word.
- Virtual Pencil - Arithmetic http://www.hentermath.com/vparithmetic.asp and Algebra http://www.hentermath.com/vpalgebra.asp are programs designed for individuals who are pencil impaired (blind, motor impaired, or learning disabled
Computer Access Lab Location
Advanced Technology Center (ATC)
Room AT 203