Tools for Students
Disability Support Services provides a variety of assistive technology tools for student use in the Computer Access Lab.
Tools available for each disability type
Learning Disabilities or Cognitive Disabilities
- Magnifier (Windows 7 zoom function)
- NVDA (screen reading for Windows)
- Kurzweil 1000 (scan/read software for visual impairments)
- OptelecColor CCT//V (video magnifier for the visually impaired)
- Microsoft Word 2010 - Word has built-in support for equation writing and editing.
- Microsoft Math Add-in for MS Word - This free add-in makes it easy to create graphs, perform calculations, and solve for variables with equations created in Word.
- Virtual Pencil - Arithmetic http://www.hentermath.com/vparithmetic.asp and Algebra http://www.hentermath.com/vpalgebra.asp are programs designed for individuals who are pencil impaired (blind, motor impaired, or learning disabled)
Computer Access Lab Location
Advanced Technology Center
Room AT 203