Classes that support English language learners
Child Development Bilingual Spanish Classes
Contact Mayra Cruz, Child Development Instructor, 408 864.8215, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Development Courses in Chinese Contact Li Wei Sun at 408/864-5329
Working with children with special needs in early education environments
Learn about the Early Intervention /Special Education Certificate Program.
De Anza College's Child Development and Education Division developed the Early Intervention/Special Education Assistant Certificate to train high quality special education paraprofessionals and support inclusion services for children with special needs in early education settings. The certificate of proficiency meets the Department of Developmental Service's Early Intervention Assistant I requirements. It is the equivalent to the Teacher levels of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Child Development Matrix.
The Early Intervention/Special Education Assistant Certificate program will prepare you to:
- Understand and recognize special needs
- Support children and families within their cultural context
- Foster, nurture, and understand the development and needs of children with special needs
- Understand Federal and State legislation and regulations
- Examine natural and least restrictive environments
- Describe Interagency collaboration and partnerships
- Understand professional and ethical practices
- Assess and observe children with special needs
For information and advising contact: Mayra E. Cruz, 408 864-8215, email@example.com