Print of child's hand on tiled wall

Child Development and Education

Diane Advising

Student Advising

Students are required to see an academic counselor located in the Student and Community Services building.

Department Advising

Our faculty offers department advising experience to department students seeking to complete our programs.  Advising includes familiarizing students with campus and community services that enhance a student's educational experience at De Anza.   Advising includes, but is not limited to,

  • Child Development Permit advising
  • Child Development Program requirements and course sequence
  • Foreign transcript review information
  • Early Childhood Education Transfer Degree
Declare a major, take the placement tests, attend a campus student orientation, and
visit a Counselor to complete your Education Plan. 
Visit Counseling webpage for information. 

  For Faculty Advising contact your instructor.


  Name Day Time Location Phone/email
  Mayra Cruz Not teaching this summer


  Dr. Li Wei Sun  On Professional Leave Spring & Fall 2015   CD2-21d 408.864.5329408.864.5329
  Dr. Angela Buchanan     CD3-38 408.864.5420408.864.5420
  Barbara Driscoll  


  Diane Langfelder     CD2-21a


by appointment

  Martina Ebesugawa     CD2-21a
  Fatemeh Zarghami



  Nellie Vargas     CD2-21e 408.864.8788
  Rachel Talamantez     CD2-21a
  Vivian Qian     CD2-21a

  Zana Wilkie     CD2-21a

Child Development Training consortium CDTC

Promotes high quality early education to California's children and families by providing financial and technical assistance to child development students and professionals.At De Anza, the consortium funds are used to provide book vouchers.  For information contact Dr. Li Wei Sun

The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) offers six levels of the Child Development Permit, each with its own set of issuance requirements and each authorizing the holder to perform different levels of service in child development programs.

Students interested in applying for a child Development Permit can download the permit application at the Child Development Training Consortium website to access the permit application.

Foreign Transcript Review Need an evaluation of a degree achieved outside of the United States? Take a look at these CCTC approved agencies.

Comprehensive Approaches to Raising Educational Standards


CARES PLUS participants attending De Anza College will receive advisement from Fatemeh Zarghami.  Contact Fatemeh at

For additional information visit

Our CARES Plus Partner Agency, the Provider Connection assists students and workers who work in north geographical area, interested in completing a Child Development Permit Application.  For support contact:

Beatriz Pastor
3990 Ventura Ct. Palo Alto
CA 94306
(650) 493-3100(650) 493-3100

Chair: Nellie Vargas
Office: CD2-21E
Phone: 408.864.8788



Last Updated: 6/29/15