FF&E: How it Works
To request a repair for existing furniture, please visit our Broken Furniture webpage.
What Can I Purchase With Measure C Dollars?
- Only approved items can be purchased. Items ineligible for Measure C funding, according to the rules of the bond issue, cannot be purchased regardless of the prioritization process.
- Funds will be monitored as expenses are incurred. Deans will be notified when the dollars are exhausted as requests can no longer be processed once all funds are expensed.
- Measure C requisitions cannot be combined with any Non Measure C items.
- Expenses cannot be transferred to Measure C if items are purchased with funds from other sources, such as pro-cards, B Budget funds or grants.
What Can't I Purchase With Measure C Dollars?
- Extended warranties and maintenance contracts (service and support contracts) cannot be purchased using Measure C funds, as these types of charges are considered operating costs.
- You may not skirt this policy by bundling an extended warranty or maintenance contract with the equipment. If you purchase a warranty or maintenance extension, you must use another funding source and a separate requisition.
Furniture & Equipment Purchase Procedures
- The department dean or director identifies a need for furniture or equipment. The need should be reflected in the department’s program review. (IPBT – section 5; SSPBT – part 6; FPBT – part 5.)
- The Department completes a Furniture Equipment Request Form and submits original form to the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) Coordinator, Tina Lockwood, at 408.864.8371 or email@example.com. Please use the codes listed at the bottom of this page, below the timeline.
- The FF&E Coordinator meets with the dean or director and the department's point of
contact to determine the project scope, based on available space and the following
- Current furniture or equipment is broken or inoperable
- Current furniture or equipment is not functional for teaching or program needs
- New furniture or equipment would improve department functions and student experience
- Current furniture is not ADA compliant
- The FF&E Coordinator submits Furniture Equipment Request Form and Project Scope to College Operations for review.
- For projects using Measure C FF&E funds, the requester will bring the project to the applicable PBT for review and approval. For projects not using Measure C FF&E funds, the College Operations office will submit the project to the area vice president for review and approval.
- The College Operations office schedules the project around the academic calendar and expected workload.
- At the beginning of the project, a College Operations representative will meet with the dean, director or designated point of contact to begin formal planning.
- Based on college standards, furniture plans will be created and presented to the dean or director for review and approval.
- Once the dean or director approves the final furniture plan, the College Operations office will process the purchase requisition to order the furniture and manage the furniture delivery and installation.
Codes and Information for the Request Form
Requisition Document Text Headers
You must add the required header to all FF&E Requisitions, using this format:
Measure C Phase III Project : 456704 - Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment
Room #: L11
Please contact xxx (put your name and phone #) with product questions
Add a description of the purchase, where it is going, who will be using it and what it will be used for. This description should be written in lay terms so that anyone not connected with your division can understand it. Requisitions that do not have this description will be disapproved.
456704 - Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment
457717 - Computers
457719 - Printers
Technology requests must go through the Technology Prioritization Committee before a purchase request is generated.
Use your own department org code.
FF&E Account Codes - Minor Capital
Base Unit Cost above $100 or under $5000 (before tax)
6411 - Computer Software
6420 - Equipment
6423 - Instructional Equipment
6462 - Computer & Printer Equipment
6470 - Multi-media & AV Equipment
6467 - Servers
FF&E Account Codes - Major Capital
Base Unit Cost greater than $5000 (before tax)
6611 - Computer Software
6620 - Equipment
6662 - Computer & Printer Equipment
6670 - Multimedia & AV Equipment
The Measure C Program code is: 710000