The Institute for Community and Civic Engagement (ICCE) is now the Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy in Action (VIDA)
If you are not redirected to the VIDA main page in a few seconds, go to it here
De Anza Walk-In
Workshop: Day of Action to Defend Public Education
FIGHT THE CUTS!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
10:20 am– 2:00 p.m.
In the Main Quad
Recognize! Organize! Mobilize!
Walk-In (wawk-in) Verb Walking out to teach-in.
10:45-11:00 Keynote Speakers
11:10-11:20 Workshop Passing Period
- 11:20-11:30 Icebreakers
11:30-12:20 First Workshop Session
- 12:20-12:50 Food/Entertainment
- 12:50-1:40 Second Workshop Session
- 1:40-2:00 Closing
WARNING: Your education is at risk!
The purpose of this walk-in is to provide the resources and
networks necessary for the college community to understand and unify in
an effort to fight against the budget cuts in public education.
We hope to inform the larger community of our commitment to take action on solving our budget crisis by:
- Introducing a diverse array of speakers and panelists
- Helping others to understand the situation through informative workshops
- Advocating our concerns not just vocally, but creatively through arts of activism
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to learn how to effectively and peacefully become a part of this
effort, including a statewide march in Sacramento on Monday, March 22,
2010 (Please note the date change!).
On Thursday, March 4, students are planning a "Day of Action" on campus so that all students can participate.
- De Anza Student Body
- Institute of Community and Civic Engagement
- Asian Pacific American Students for Leadership
- Students for Justice
- Multi-Cultural Staff Association
- Integral Movement for AB540 Student Success
- Black Student Union
- Circle K