Meet with a Counselor
Depending on the reason, currently enrolled De Anza students may meet with a counselor or academic advisor by drop-in session and/or scheduled appointment.
To schedule an appointment, call 408.864.5400 or come to the Counseling and Advising Center during office hours. Pre-scheduled appointments will only be made for the following reasons.
- Academic Probation: To remove a registration HOLD for levels of Pre-Dismissal and Dismissal.
- Financial Aid Extension: Please visit the Financial Aid office before scheduling your counseling appointment.
- U.S. Military Veteran Educational Plan: Please see a college Veteran Services representative before scheduling your counseling appointment.
All other counseling and advising services are available only through drop-in sessions.
Be Prepared for Your Meeting
Whether by pre-scheduled appointment or drop-in session, bring all appropriate paper work about your education to any Counseling meeting, workshop or class, including the following:
- Work completed at prior meetings
- Assist agreements
- To prepare, see What's Your Reason?
Are You a New Student to De Anza?
Please follow these steps before meeting individually with a counselor or advisor.
|Disclaimer: The final responsibility for successfully achieving an educational goal rests with the student. Information on-line is designed to be helpful; however, this information changes frequently. It is recommended that students consult catalogs, counselors/academic advisors, departments and universities to confirm an educational plan.