Lesson 3: Progress Probation
Student Learning Outcome:
1) Students will learn about progress probation and how to avoid progress probation.
Non-Letter Grading (P/NP) and Other Important Information
- Last day to drop a class for a refund is the 2nd Saturday of the quarter class except summer.
- Last day to drop a class with no record of grade is the 2nd Saturday of the quarter excluding summer. If you are going to drop a class, this is the best date because there is no record of your being enrolled in the class on your transcript. The drop must be done either online through MyPortal at your student tab, or in person at the Admissions & Records office.
- Last day to drop with a "W" is the Friday of the 8th week of the quarter, excluding Summer. A notation of "W" will be recorded on your transcript. This notation does not effect your grade point average because it is not an A,B,C,D, or F. Only grades effect your GPA. However, if 50% or more of the units you have been enrolled in at De Anza are W's, NP's, or I's, you will be on progress probation. Students who have not withdrawn by this date will receive the appropriate grade for their achievement in the course.
1) On your worksheet, write down the number of "W"'s, "NP"s, and "I"s you have.
Click below on "Next Lesson" to continue