If you're a new student this fall or starting in winter at De Anza, you must complete orientation in order to learn important information to help you succeed.
- Orientation is also a state-required step for priority enrollment.
- As soon as you complete orientation and the other necessary steps, you will qualify for priority enrollment for winter quarter.
- All steps must have been completed by a designated date to receive priority enrollment for winter.
- You must apply for admission in advance in order to obtain your student ID to sign up for orientation.
Options for Completing Orientation
Option 1 - TAKE A SESSION OFFERED IN FALL
You can download the orientation presentation here.
- Choose a date and time. More sign up times have been added through Dec. 3.
- You need to have applied for fall or winter admission and received your student ID number in order to sign up.
- It's best to take placement tests before orientation.
- You'll learn how to choose your classes and create your fall quarter educational plan — another step in qualifying for priority enrollment.
Option 2 - REGISTER FOR COUN 200
Enroll in a more comprehensive Counseling 200 class this fall or winter. This 1/2-unit credit course provides more detail on each topic you'll need to succeed, including degree and transfer options, and includes the development of a comprehensive educational plan.
- See the fall schedule. There are two 6-week sessions starting the week of Nov. 3.
- The winter schedule will be available Nov. 3.
- See the academic calendar for new student registration dates.
Complete orientation right away!
Remember, the sooner you complete orientation and all steps, the sooner you will qualify for priority enrollment.
If you wait until winter quarter to complete orientation, you will not qualify for priority enrollment for winter quarter classes.