If you'll be a new student this fall at De Anza, you must complete orientation in order to learn important information to help you succeed.
- Orientation is also a state-required step for priority enrollment.
- As soon as you complete orientation and the other necessary steps, you will qualify for priority enrollment.
- You must apply for admission in advance in order to obtain your student ID to sign up for orientation.
Options for Completing Orientation
Option 1 - OPEN HOUSE
Come to our New Student and Parent Open House on May 10 and attend an orientation at 9:30 or 11:30 a.m.
- Sign up ahead of time. The first step is to apply for admission for summer or fall to get your student ID number. You'll need it to reserve a spot.
- You'll learn how to choose your classes and create your fall quarter educational plan — another step in qualify for priority enrollment.
Option 2 - TAKE A SESSION OFFERED DURING SPRING
Attend an orientation session offered at De Anza throughout spring quarter.
You can download the orientation presentation here.
- Details and a link to sign up will be available soon.
- You need to have applied for admission and received your student ID number in order to sign up.
- You'll learn how to choose your classes and create your fall quarter educational plan — another step in qualifying for priority enrollment.
Option 3 - REGISTER FOR COUN 200
Enroll in a more comprehensive Counseling 200 class this spring, summer or fall. This 1/2-unit credit course provides more detail on each topic you'll need to succeed, including degree and transfer options, and includes the development of a comprehensive educational plan.
Check back for course listings for summer and fall.
Complete orientation right away!
Remember, the sooner you complete orientation and all steps, the sooner you will qualify for priority enrollment.
If you wait until fall quarter to complete orientation, you will not qualify for priority enrollment for fall quarter classes.