- The DASB Card is the property of De Anza Associated Student Body and entitles the student to access and service privileges as long as the De Anza Student Body Fees are current. Certain access and privileges may be denied if fees are delinquent or otherwise not current.
- The initial DASB Card is free with the payment of the quarterly student body fees. Subsequent or replacement cards are subject to the existing Replacement Card Policies and will be charged to a $5.00 fee. To avoid paying the replacement fee, students are encouraged to retain the card for future use when not continuously enrolled or when leaving campus for the summer.
- The DASB Card will serve as an official ID card for access at numerous labs and the library as well as events and services on campus. Therefore, the card should be carried at all times while students are on campus and at campus-sponsored events.
- The DASB Card shall not be transferred, altered or tampered with in anyway except as authorized by De Anza College officials. Strict penalties may apply for unauthorized actions.
- With the exception of the Campus Police, Campus departments may not hold the DASB Card for any reason. Recovered cards should be returned to the Card Office immediately.
- If the DASB Card is lost, stolen or damaged, the Card Office should be notified immediately.
- The DASB Card should be treated as cash and kept secured at all times. Students are advised not to give their card to anyone at any time. The maximum amount of dollars that can be placed on the unsecured electronic cash purse is $100. For purchases made with your DASB Card over $25 will require a pin ID. Additional purses will be available on your DASB card at a future date for higher dollar amount, secured purchases.
- The replacement fee is $5.00.
- If a person is not registered for one full year, he/she will not be charged a replacement fee for a new card.
- If the DASB Card is stolen, the replacement fee will be waived if a police report from the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office is provided to the Card Office.
- Students are advised not to give their card to anyone at any time. If the DASB Card is lost/stolen/damaged, money in the unsecured electronic cash purse cannot be refund until the card is located or destroyed and amount verified. All refunds will be issued by check.
- If the DASB Card is found/returned subsequent to the issuance of a new card, money that can be verified to be in the electronic cash purse can be transferred to the new card,
- If a student is leaving campus permanently and wishes to turn in the DASB Card, a refund can be requested for the amount verified in the unsecured electronic cash purse.
The DASB Card Policies are subject to change.
Policies Revised September 2001