Catalyst maintenance request procedure
REQUEST COURSE ACTIVATION EVERY QUARTER YOU
NEED CATALYST LIVE COURSE(S)
For faculty ONLY
If you want to use Catalyst
for your live course for the upcoming quarter, you have to fill out the
request form. Otherwise you will not have a live course to use.
Remember, whatever you have on the development server or used on the
live server in the past DO NOT
automatically transfer over to the new quarter.
Here's how you do
- Go to Catalyst Course Maintenance site https://catalystdev.deanza.edu/maint/
You will log in using your development server username and password.
- Verify that your contact information is correct in the “Update
- You will need to request “Activation” of each course you will be
teaching using Catalyst for the quarter.
a. Click on the “Activation” tab.
Select "Request Activation for Upcoming Quarter"
c. Complete the
form. Courses you are going to teach will show up in the box on the top
left. Select one course, then in the below box, select the source course
or shell to create the new course from. Click to agree to the terms and
submit the request.
WHEN CAN I EDIT/UPDATE MY COURSE, and WHERE?
- We email you to let you know when the request is due. On that due
date, your source content from either your live class or dev server
master shell will be captured and copied to make new courses for next
quarter. That means changes to the source after that will not be
- When you receive an email indicating your course is ready on the
live server, you may start making changes there. If you do not receive
an email 2 weeks before quarter start date , contact us.
- Once your new course is activated, it is your responsibility to
review your course as soon as you are notified that it is ready.