Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
DMT 52 - GD&T in CAD - (*Should be taken after 2 CAD classes)
Class offered once a year in Winter quarter.
Class outline: DMT 52 - GD&T in CAD
*A students coming into the DMT 52 class should have a firm grasp of how to use any of the below CAD system to complete required work. Software is provided FREE to enroled students.
- PTC Creo Paramtric
- Siemens NX
- Autodesk Inventor
Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, utilizing ASME Y14.5M-2009 standards as they
apply to engineering and manufacturing drawings. CAD drawings will be completed from
solid models using multiple datums, symbols, feature control frames and other GD&T
- Learn the dimensioning and tolerancing concepts and industry practices.
- Identify and interpret standard symbols.
- Identify the characteristics and standard practices of dimensioning using feature control frames.
- Establish tolerancing and specifications.
- Apply datums to engineering design.
- Use and identify mating parts requirements and specifications
- Learn and input geometric non-position features.
Please join our email list for info about classes. CAD@DeAnza.edu
Join us on
CAD/3D Printing Lab: E35