Students using interpreter/captioner services are required to notify Deaf Services if they will be absent from class or are running late.
Notify either by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or texting the Deaf Services Supervisor.
Students who request services for other campus activities are also required to inform the Deaf Services' Supervisor if they will not attend the scheduled activity.
- Students who plan to be absent from class for any reason should inform the Deaf Services' Supervisor as soon as they have decided not to attend.
- Students do not have to provide a reason to the Supervisor.
- Students should be aware of the instructor's attendance policy and if there is a penalty for absences.
- If the Supervisor is not informed, it will count as a "No Show"
- Contact the Deaf Services Supervisor as soon as possible, preferably before the class meeting.
- If not able to do so, inform the Supervisor after the class begins or meets.
- If the Supervisor is not informed, it will count as a "No Show.
Students who arrive late to class, past the permitted wait time will be considered a "No Show" unless they have informed the Supervisor.
Interpreters and Captioners will only wait the times below before leaving. If you have not shown up to your class or activity within this time frame, the supervisor will be notified.
|LENGTH OF CLASS
|One Hour Class
|Two Hour Class
|Three Hours or More
No Show Guidelines
- All "No-shows" events are recorded.
- They may result in a warning regarding notification and eventual suspension of services in the class.
- See the DISH for specific "No-Show" procedures.