The Equity Champions program honors outstanding classified staff/faculty/students and recognizes their exceptional service and valuable contributions to De Anza College in areas of equity, social justice and multicultural education.
One classified, non-classified, and student will be selected annually during the spring quarter.
Nominations are due annually the 2nd Friday in June. DUE DATE Friday, June 15th, 2018 @ Equity Office or via email. CELEBRATION DATE Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 @ Conference Rm A + B
- Individuals nominated for this award should have participated in a minimum of three community, equity, or social justice events.
- Individuals nominated should have contributed a minimum of twenty volunteer support hours to the Equity Office or the Equity Action Council over the course of the academic year.
- Individuals may be nominated one or more times, and are eligible to receive the award more than once, as long as at least 4 years have passed since their previous award.
- Accepted nominations will remain on file for one year from the month that they are submitted.
- Anyone who is a member of the De Anza Community and cares about issues of equity, social justice and multicultural education may submit a nomination.
- Awards will be presented annually.
Nominate an Equity Champion!
Fill out a nomination form to nominate an Equity Champion! In order to create a winning nomination, please include clear examples about what your nominee does above and beyond their regular duties to advocate for equity and social justice at the De Anza College community.
Please provide as much information as possible, and email the completed form to EquityOffice@fhda.edu
In Honor of Diversity Champions and Pioneers
We would like to thank the following past Equity Office directors and elders who committed their time, energy and passion to building an inclusive community at De Anza College.
Check out our 2016 Equity Champion Winners!
Our Faculty Winners
Patty Guitron Burgos
Our Staff Winners