Assignments Due on this Date
|Before the quarter begins.
- Review the Syllabus to ensure that you understand the requirements of the course, the grading policies, and the materials you will need for step 2.
- Set up for the quarter based on what you learned in the syllabus.
On-line Education Resources to learn about the differences
between on-line courses and on campus courses.
- Obtain the textbook. It will be very
difficult to succeed in this online class without the textbook.
The bookstore is offering rentals, to allow you to save money.
- Download any software needed to ensure that your computer works well with the course materials.
- Review the Online Orientation,
especially if this is your first fully online course. Don't miss
the video inside, entitled "Organizing for Online Success".
|In the first week of the quarter, before midnight on Wednesday, Pacific Standard Time.|
- Log into the course classroom in Catalyst and click around to see how the course is organized. Read the Assignment 1 file in to find out what needs to be done this week.
- Update your profile to include an email address that you use, a current contact number, and a digital photo (to make our classroom discussions friendlier and more memorable).
- Watch the assigned videos.
- Click on the link for the Introductions Forum, located in the week 1 lesson. Read some of the introductions posted by others, and reply to another student. Then, compose your own response to the questions and post it to the forum. (Please note that this is a graded assignment.)
|Before midnight on Sunday (PST) of the first week.|
- At the top of the course home page in Catalyst, click on Textbook Resources to familiarize yourself with the textbook web site.
- In the course, click on the Assignment 1 file posted in the week 1 lesson and read it, if you have not already done so.
Look ahead to Assignment 2 to see what will be due next week.
- Complete the assigned reading.
- Review the assigned presentations in the textbook resources.
- Click on the link for the Learning Styles Reflection Report, follow the posted instructions, and submit it in Catalyst. (Please note that this is a graded written assignment.)