Financial Aid Bldg

Financial Aid

Grant Programs

To be eligible to receive Financial Aid Funds, students need to qualify by doing the FAFSA/CA Dream Application and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.

The Federal Pell Grant is money that a student does not need to repay, unless subject to Return of Title IV. The student must meet the minimum eligibility requirements.

The enrollment status of the student, i.e. full time (12 or more units), three-quarter time (9 to 11.5 units), half time (6 to 8.5 units), or less than half time (5.5 or less units) and the student's EFC will have a proportional effect on the amount of money a student will receive.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): a campus based grant program that supplements the educational costs not covered by the Federal Pell Grant. Title IV regulations require that FSEOG is awarded to students with exceptional need.  Exceptional need is determined by the lowest family contributions.  De Anza College defines this as those students with a calculated EFC between 0 and 500.  Legislated maximum is $4,000 per award year, minimum is $100.  Due to the limited amount of funds available, FSEOG is awarded as FAFSA data is received.  We do not offer FSEOG for the Summer session.  Students must maintain ½ time enrollment and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards to be eligible for disbursement.  We allot funding for students who begin attending classes in the Fall and Winter terms.  We evaluate funding availability at the end of each term to determine if we have remaining funds left to award.

 De Anza Award Amounts:

Fall Enrollees:

$600 per academic year: $200  disbursed in Fall, Winter and Spring.

Winter Enrollees:

$400 per academic year:  $200 disbursed in the Winter and Spring quarters.

 For more information on Federal Grants see the Federal Student Aid Website.

The State of California sponsors several grant programs for undergraduate students. These include the Cal Grants. To qualify for any of the state funded grants, a student must be a California resident, enrolled at least half-time (6 units or more) be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, obtain a social security number and be attending (or plan to attend) an eligible institution in California.

A student may receive only one Cal Grant, either Cal Grant A, B or C. Once you are awarded a grant, you may check your status on-line. The three grants are targeted to assist three distinct groups of applicants and are mutually exclusive. Cal Grant A provides tuition assistance for a student attending a four-year institution, Cal Grant B is subsistence assistance for entering community college students and Cal Grant C is awarded to community college students majoring in certificate programs. The enrollment status of the student i.e . full time, three-quarter time or half-time will proportionately affect the amount of money received by eligible students.

The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a program funded by the State of California. The program is designed to encourage students who are academically and economically disadvantaged to enroll and succeed in college. The EOPS program is a combination of registration, counseling and peer advisement services.

The program offers grants to a limited number of students. Eligibility for the grant is determined by the Financial Aid Office. All students wishing to apply for the EOPS grant must first complete the federal financial aid application. Students interested in the EOPS program should call (408) 864-8950. Students receiving Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF) should also inquire about the CARE program by calling (408) 864-8219.

Financial Aid
Baldwin Winery


Last Updated: 1/4/18