Welcome to FODARA!
FODARA welcomes all retirees of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District to stay in touch with friends and colleagues. We provide:
- A quarterly newsletter After-Words
- Email announcements of events and important news
- Continuing access to your professional email
- A membership Gold Card
Gold Card - Retirees can get their new or replacement Gold Cards at the Photo ID Office of either campus. The retiree Gold Card provides retirees* with several benefits:
- Free admission to all home sports events at Foothill and De Anza
- Free or reduced admission to selected cultural events at both colleges
- Use of the college libraries
- Free parking permit for both campuses (through District Police)
- FODARA online newsletter and other communications from the District
- Self-service access to the District Portal to update contact information
- Access to an fhda.edu email address which may qualify for educational discounts
- Discount purchases at See's Candy and Hobee's Restuarant (where recognized)
Scholarships - Each year, FODARA awards four $1,000 scholarships. Two go to Foothill students and two to De Anza students. The funding for these scholarships comes from membership dues and individual contributions from retirees. The scholarships are awarded in June at a special luncheon. The recipients' stories are published in Scholarships or in the fall edition of After-Words.
Benefits Committee - Representatives of the FODARA board sit on the District Benefits Committee, speaking for all retirees* on issues pertinent to their health benefits. The representatives take our concerns to the committee and keep us informed on any issue related to retirees*.
Special Events - There are many opportunities throughout the year to socialize with fellow retirees*. Upcoming events are announced on our calendar, through our email announcements, and in the quarterly newsletter After-Words. Annual events may include:
- A picnic in June
- A holiday party in December
- A wine tasting in April
Other special interest activities are planned as requested throughout the year. Send your ideas to any Board member and/or consider joining the social committee!