Meeting Notes - January 27, 2015
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Norte, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Gerard, Martinez
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Bryant, Maynard, Pacheco, Yeckley
Student Reps: Nehal Desal, Wendy Xiao
Visitors: Lisa Markus, Lorna Maynard
Approval of Notes:
The notes of December 2, 2014 & January 13, 2015 were approved.
Agenda – will be posted on IPBT website before each meeting.
Faculty Hiring Ranking/Guidelines:
Espinosa-Pieb sent to the committee via email “Faculty Ranking Guidelines for Ranking Positions”.
IPB Team were advised to use the link below that would take them to the following documents for use in faculty ranking:
1) Hiring Data/Ranking (Ranking Sheet)
- Bryant reminded the members not to do any resorting or reorganizing of the data sheet for ease of vote counting.
- The members must rank all 18 positions with #1 being the highest and 18 lowest.
Of the top positions selected only 4 will be hired.
2) Written Justifications
3) Program Review Data Sheet - http://www.deanza.edu/ir/program-review.13-14.html
Instructions for Submitting Faculty Hiring Ranking:
1) Do a "Save As" for the Ranking Sheet and replace the document name as follows:
2) After IPBT voted, the deans could only fill that specific position title. Positions cannot be switched-out
3) The voting results must be sent via email to VP of Instruction
4) Deadline for submission is - Friday, January 30th at 5:00 pm
Constituency groups/faculty were invited to attend IPBT meeting on February 3, 2015 to see the final result.
Final Outcome of Faculty Ranking will be posted on IPBT website before the meeting on February 3, 2015