De Anza College
IPBT Notes - February 9, 2010 - 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Present: Anderson, Bradshaw, Bryant, Cadge-Moore, Espinosa-Pieb, Hearn, Irvin, Knittel, Kubo, Lee-Klawender, Mowrey, Pereida, Schroeder, Singh, Tomaneng.
Visitors: Mary Kay Englen, Fran Frazier, Rich Hansen, Wendy Low, Ron McFarland, Anne Argyiou, Bradley Creamer
I. Approval of Agenda and Notes: The agenda for today, February 9, was approved. There were no notes of the February 2nd meeting available for approval at this meeting.
II. IPBT Plans for Upcoming Weeks & Months: C. Espinosa-Pieb listed several tasks that IPBT will be working on in the coming weeks:
- Released time ($200K) -- determine by end of Winter (include shared governance)
- Realignments and/or reorganizations: (for example, CAOS)
- Phasing out of programs:
- Baseball: phase out or reorg.? Belong to IPBT? or SSPBT?
- Joint PBT meetings (IPBT, SSPBT)? If so, how often? Discuss reorganizing? Meetings with other groups (like Student Services) to get a bigger picture?
- Program Review Updates
- Review of previous data questions.
- Determine questions for THIS YEARS' program review (to update from last year for each program)
- Establishing budget cut procedures and growth procedures (note: previous cuts were guided by the chancellor to not cut programs if possible) - need to examine programs (if still keep, etc.)
- Equity, student success - keep as much as possible in every program
- Reorg. of SSC is targeting student equity, esp. for targeted groups
- Inform "instructional side" of the equity programs in the SS side
Next meeting will be CANCELED. However, C. Espinosa-Pieb will email updated Released/Reassigned time list with more information.
IV. Good of the Order: (none)