Meeting Notes - February 16, 2016
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Muthyala-Kandula, Norte, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Bryant, Markus, Pacheco
Absent: Lee-Wheat, Martinez, Rick Maynard, Trosper
Visitors: Lisa Ly, Mary Pape
Approval of Notes -
The notes of February 9, 2016 were approved.
Reflection Year Questions –
The focus of this agenda item was to identify areas of reflection and consideration as per the accreditation cycle.
Lee-Wheat and Fayek’s suggested questions for review:
- Have you set up an equity plan? Have you developed a planning calendar? Briefly describe the project
- Have you finished at least one full PLOAC ?
- Are there any new plans for assessment for your programs in the next assessment cycle, 2015 to 2022? (not sure about the dates)
- Where do you need assistance relative to your Equity or PLOAC assessments? Planning, technology, how-to info?
- What resources did/do you need to complete your assessments?
- Acknowledging that the IPBT is in the process of developing transparent processes? Please help us improve. What do you like and dislike or found helpful or found confusing about IPBT resource request processes?
- What have you learned?
- What adjustments have you made?
- What could you do better?
- What do you need?
There was a lengthy discussion regarding “reflection year” purpose and goals. The team brainstormed and posed some specific questions: What should we be doing in the reflection year? What does the accreditation cycle really mean by the term ‘reflection year’? What is the desired result in terms of both the accreditation cycle and the college?
Espinosa-Pieb asked members to think about the topic and be ready to discuss at the next meeting. The team would also work on the timeline at the next meeting.
IPB Team will continue the dialogue at the next meeting to try to clarify the process and identify appropriate questions.
Instructional Equipment –
This item was postponed until next meeting due to time constraints.