Information for Graduates
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from De Anza College! We hope you will celebrate this major milestone by participating in the commencement ceremony on Saturday, June 28, from 9-11 a.m. in our recently renovated Stadium.
- No high heels are permitted on the field. Only flat shoes are allowed. This is to protect the turf that was part of the renovation, funded through community-paid bonds.
- Graduates will be seated on the field. Guests will be seated in the bleachers.
- All attendees should come prepared with sunscreen and water, and guests should consider wearing a hat as well.
- Please make sure you know from which academic division you're receiving your diploma. Graduates will line up by division to march onto the field at the beginning of the ceremony.
On Graduation Day
- Please arrange for your family or friends to look after your personal items until after the ceremony. Do not carry anything with you. You will not be returning to the same seat after walking across the stage.
- Arrive for lineup by the Planetarium no later than 8:30 a.m. on on June 28. Allow time to find your division, fix your gown, cap or hair, and relax and enjoy yourself. The graduation ceremony will start at 9 a.m. sharp.
- Volunteers will provide you with name cards to complete. Print your name as you would like it to be announced. Make sure you print clearly, and if necessary, write your name phonetically to help us with pronunciation.
Bookstore Grad Fair
The De Anza Bookstore is offering discounts on graduation gear during the week of June 9. To get the sale prices, visit the store or attend the Bookstore's Grad Fair on Monday, June 9, and Tuesday, June 10, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Main Quad. Regular prices are listed below.
Cap and Gown
- Your cap and gown may be purchased at the Bookstore for $52.95, which includes a diploma cover and tassel.
- If you're borrowing a cap and gown from a friend, you must purchase a diploma cover and tassel ($23.50) in order to have these items at the ceremony.
- Please hang up the gown prior to graduation day to remove wrinkles. If you wish to iron any remaining wrinkles, use the lowest possible setting.
- Heritage stoles are available through the Bookstore for Latina/o, African American, African, Native American, and Pacific Islander graduates, as well as for grads who are from — or whose families are from — the countries of China, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam.
- LGBTQQI pride stoles and De Anza College stoles are also available.
- A limited number of the heritage and pride stoles are in stock. Additional orders, and special orders for many other countries of origin, may be placed before June 18. All stoles are $29.95.
- The honors stole may be purchased for $17.39. Only those whose names are included in the final list of honors graduates (provided to the Bookstore by the Office of Admissions and Records) are eligible to purchase the sash.
- Pre-printed commencement announcements and invitations are available for purchase at the Bookstore.
Disability-Related Accommodations and Questions
- Volunteers will be available to help with disability-related questions, and sign language interpreters will be present.
- If you require captioning, please contact Disability Support Services (DSS).
- For further information or assistance with special needs, please call DSS at 408.864.8959 (V) or 408.864.5650 (TDD).