LART SLO Course Statements
Faculty Greensheet Directions:
1. Scroll to your course
2. Copy your SLO statements into your greensheet
3. Make sure at least one assignment in your course addresses each SLO.
If you have questions, e-mail your SLO Dept. Rep, Amy Leonard, at firstname.lastname@example.org
LART 200: Fundamentals of Reading and Writing
- Students will recognize and generate effective writing at the sentence level
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and aptitude with the writing process in order to convey focused, developed ideas in paragraph form
- Students will demonstrate ability through writing to approach and interact confidently with a variety of texts
- Students will demonstrate the ability to decide on the use of appropriate reading strategies to improve reading comprehension
LART 211: Integrated Reading and Writing
- Students will demonstrate a clear ability to respond critically to one’s own and others’ experiences and ideas in writing
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of a clear sequential relationship between supporting ideas and central argument/controlling ideas in their writing and reading
- Students will defend a choice of meaning of vocabulary words appropriate to context
- Students will show evidence of strong synthesis, argumentation, analysis, and/or problem-solving skills in their writing.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to critique and analyze readings.