Study Abroad in Viet Nam Summer 2013
Earn up to 14 units this summer while touring Viet Nam with fellow students, including a joint class with students from one of De Anza’s sister colleges, Hoa Sen University in Saigon.
Travel July 5-25, 2013
- Classes start July 1
July 1-3 Classes meet at De Anza
July 5 Depart for Hanoi
July 6-25 Tour and study in country:
Hanoi, SAPA, Ha Long Bay, Hue, Da Nang Hoi An, Sai Gon, Tay Ninh, Cu Chi, Can Tho
Come to an Information Meeting to Learn More
Join Global Studies director John Swensson and Study Abroad instructor Karen Chow to learn about the program.
De Anza College
Meet in Library, Room 235 (next to the DeCillis Special Collection on Vietnam).
- Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 2:30-3:30 p.m. in Library 235
- Monday, Feb. 11 at 12:30-1:30 p.m. in Library 235
- Wednesday, March 20 at 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Meet in Campus Center, Toyon Room.
- Wednesday Jan. 30 at 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Earn Up to 14 Units
You may take a minimum of 10 units (these can be audited or taken pass/no pass if desired) and a maximum of 14 units, only with prior approval with Dr. Chow. These units are all transferable to four-year colleges/universities and fulfill core transfer requirements to UC and CSU.
- English Courses: EWRT 1A, 1B, 1C, EWRT 2, ELIT 10
- Sociology 5
- We will have a joint class with Viet Nam students at Hoa Sen University in Sai Gon
Estimated cost is $3,750 including:
- Airfare to/from Viet Nam
- Travel and fees inside Viet Nam
Financial aid is available. Financial aid officer Nina Van at firstname.lastname@example.org is available by appointment to answer questions.
- Tuition and fees to De Anza
- International health insurance
- Beverages in Viet Nam
- Enrollment as a student of De Anza College
- A curious mind and friendly, open attitude
How to Apply
The application period ends as soon as we have 18 students. As of March 8, there is room for four (4) more students on this trip. A $500 refundable check will be required to secure your spot if you are interested.
For more information, contact, one of the following: