Free 2016 Tax Filing Assistance
Need help filing your taxes? Most De Anza students making $54,000 or less last year are eligible for free tax filing services.
How to Make an Appointment
Feb. 7-April 18, from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Fireside Room, Campus Center
Drop by the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site on campus to schedule an appointment to have your 2016 tax returns prepared for free!
|You may qualify for VITA services to file your 2016 Federal and State income tax return if you made $54,000 or less last year. This includes total household income for filers who are single or married filing jointly.
IMPORTANT–You must bring these items to the VITA site to have your tax returns prepared:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents, and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package, if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) (Forms W-2, W-2G or 1099-R) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Proof of health insurance (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit
- A printout of Form 1098-T (De Anza educational expenses), which you can find on MyPortal
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
To self-file, go to www.myfreetaxes.com
Other Santa Clara County VITA sites can be found at http://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/site-lists/