De Anza Online Education - Registered Students
(Links to the information in bold are available via the OEC home page.)
- Learn about the required orientation for your course(s) See the OEC Class Schedule. Online syllabi and orientations are available approximately two week prior to the start of the quarter.
- Obtain a copy of your syllabus and read it in its entirety. See Online Syllabi.
- Fullfill the orientation requirement for your course. See OEC Class Schedule and Online Orientations.
On-campus orientations are scheduled during the first week of classes.
- Purchase required books and materials. You may purchase books online from the De Anza College Bookstore.
- Begin your course as outlined in your syllabus. See Online Syllabi. If your course(s) is hosted on Catalyst, De Anza's online course management system, you will have access the first day of the quarter, or one business day after you are officially enrolled in the class after quarter starts.
Catalyst Presentation for First-Time Students
Students enrolled for the first time in an online class that uses Catalyst, De Anza's e-classroom software, are invited to attend either of two optional, face-to-face welcome sessions the first week of classes. You'll see what a Catalyst class looks like and learn how to get things done. These sessions are not required and do not replace any orientation for your specific classes (see the Online Education homepage for those). The two sessions are identical, and no reservation is required. Both sessions will be held in MLC 255, on the second floor of the Media and Learning Center (MLC) building.
- Wednesday, April 6, 5-6 PM in MLC 255
- Friday, April 8, 12:30-1:30 PM in MLC 255