If a class you need is closed when you register (add a class), you must use the MyPortal registration system to be placed on the waitlist, if there is still room available on the waitlist.
For step-by-step instructions on how to add your name to a waitlist, see page 6 of the Registration Guide for Students (1MB 7 pages).
What should I know when choosing to be on a waitlist?
- You may only be on one waitlist for each course (not multiple sections).
- If you are already enrolled in a section, you cannot be on a waitlist for the same course.
- If a space becomes available for your waitlisted section, you will be notified via e-mail. Important: From the time the e-mail is sent, you only have 24 hours to add the class. Check your e-mail regularly!
- Be sure to pay for classes that you add or you may be dropped for nonpayment. (Be familiar with payment requirements and deadlines.)
- You need to have met the prerequistes for a class before you can get on a waitlist. See Assessment Center staff for prerequisite clearance using coursework from other colleges.
Other Important Information
- Only place your name on a waiting list IF you intend to add the class once a seat becomes available.
- Waitlisted students must be present at the first meeting of the class. Students who receive an instructor's approval to be added to a class from a waiting list must immediately add the class online.