Study of intercultural communication in domestic and global contexts. Examines how differing cultures, languages, and social patterns influence the way members of groups relate among themselves and with members of other ethnic and cultural groups. Emphasizes development of interpersonal skills for communicating effectively across cultures and encourages appreciation of diverse cultural voices.
|01100||ICS 7||1||M·W····||08:30 AM-10:20 AM||Constance Cole||MLC112|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
- 4 Units
- Four hours lecture (48 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- Also Listed As
- (Also listed as COMM 7. Students may enroll in either department, but not both, for credit.)
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in ICS 7H or COMM 7 or COMM 7H.
- EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or ESL 5.