Techniques of Swimming
An introduction to the discipline of physical education through swimming and diving. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, facilities, and etiquette. Through the competitive class experience students will improve their individual swimming skills, increase their ability to employ advanced training and increase their knowledge of exercise physiology, exercise nutrition, kinesiological concepts underlying the development of force, power and biomechanics.
|12458||PE 32P||1||MTWR···||05:30 AM-06:50 AM||Danielle Altman||POOLW|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2018-07-09 to 2018-09-23.
All interested swim and dive team athletes must enroll in either PE032P.01 or PE032P.02 Contact Coach Altman for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 Units
- Six hours laboratory (72 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive swimming experience at the high school, club or collegiate levels and consent of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.