Schedule Production Tips
- Review all of the classes in your department or division.
- Delete the classes that are not going to be offered.
- For classes you are keeping, verify that the class information such as start/end dates,
meeting days and times, and room is correct.
- Does the room belong to your division? If the room does not belong to your division,
then you have to change the room to "TBA" or place it in a room that belongs to your
division. If the class was using the room last year, it does not mean that it can continue to
use the same room.
- Indicate "TBA" as the room assignment for any classes that you cannot find a room
for, the Scheduling Coordinator will compile a list of the TBA classes and try to
find rooms for all of them.
- New class? Add it in Banner, and don't forget SSAACCL form. This form determines all
the important A&R dates, such as census, last day to add or the drop class, etc.
- Contract type is "FO" for full-time overload during fall, winter, and spring quarters,
and "AC" for part-time. In the summer term, use "SU" for both overload and part-time.
- For assignment type of 2, 4 and 8, don't forget to include Position Number, Position Number Suffix, and Contract Type
in SIAASGN form.
- Accounting Method for most classes in the regular academic terms is "W (weekly)", and in the summer
quarter it is "D (daily)". If you are not sure please contact the Scheduling Coordinator.
- Accounting Method for Online learning (more than 50% online) class is "IW" during fall, winter, and spring terms and "ID" during the summer quarter.
Additionally, for distance learning classes, indicate code "72" on the first key block
of SSASECT form, if you use other codes, students will not find the distance learning
class when they query on Banner Self Service. Additionally, if you forget, going back
later to add in the code "72" requires removal of the instructor, and meeting information.
- The default waitlist number is "15", classes that are rolled over will be set at this
number unless specified otherwise. If you are adding a new class indicate "15" or
a desired waitlist number.
- Class that is open to a selective group of students can contain seat count and wait
list, and still be restricted to specific students through usage of Student Attribute,
Student Cohort, or Special Approval--see A&R for details.
- A hybrid class is defined as a class with face-to-face meeting and less than 50% online. A hybrid class requires a footnote detailing when the class meets physically and
online, as well as the day/time the instructor will be available online. If the footnote
does not specify the necessary information then it cannot be listed as a hybrid per
the VP of Instruction. The Accounting Method is "IW" during fall, winter, and spring terms, and "ID" for
* Banner Schedule Production Manual