Welcome to Summer Session!
Classes Start Monday, June 29
Things will be a little different this quarter, since all classes are being held online. But student services are also available online, and we’ll be here to support you all the way.
Summer Hours For College OfficesDe Anza's campus is closed to visitors while classes are online for summer session, but most offices and programs can be reached by phone, email or Zoom video. See the list of summer operating hours.
On this webpage, you'll find information about
- How to add a class
- Ordering online from the Bookstore
- More resources
- Priority enrollment
- Financial aid
- And more!
Here are some useful tips to remember
- For the latest updates and information about Online Summer, including student services, resources and tips for online learning, student services and more, visit our Online Summer webpage at deanza.edu/online-summer
- Your instructor will provide specific information about how each class will be conducted
- Be sure to check the footnotes in the class listings for each class you are taking – or any class you are considering – to learn whether it has meetings scheduled for certain times
- Check the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines
- If you have a question about graduation requirements or choosing the right classes, our counselors can assist you by phone, email or Zoom video.
- Need to reach other offices or student services at De Anza? Check the webpage for that office, or visit the Online Services webpage
- You can still order books, materials and computers from the Bookstore's online store. Click or scroll down for more information about ordering online.
The deadline to add classes will vary for different classes. You can email the instructor for more information.
Here's how to find an open class
- Log in to myportal.fhda.edu
- Open the Apps page and click on "Student Registration"
- Use the "Open Class Finder" to select your search criteria
Here's how to add a class after June 29
- Email the instructor to get an Add Code if space is available
- Log in to myportal.fhda.edu – on the first day that the class is scheduled to meet*
- Open the Apps page and click on "Student Registration," then look under "Registration Tools" and select "Add or Drop Classes"
- Select the current term and campus, then click "Submit"
- Enter the 5-digit CRN for the class. (Don't use the Add Code yet.)
- Click on "Submit Changes" and a screen to enter the Add Code will pop up
- Follow the prompts from there
*Note: You won't be able to add the class until the first day it is scheduled to meet
- Check the footnotes in the course listings to see whether your class has any scheduled meetings
- Payment in full is due immediately at the time you add a class
For detailed instructions, visit the Add and Drop webpage. Check the Schedule of Classes to find classes with open seats. You can also view this information in MyPortal by using the Open Classes Finder in the Student Registration app.
Remember: If you decide to drop a class, you must complete the steps to drop on MyPortal, to avoid owing fees or receiving an undesirable grade.
Payment is due in full at the time of registration and when adding subsequent classes. If you have a balance due you can pay online with a credit card or sign up for an interest-free installment plan.
Registration holds will be placed on delinquent accounts.
You'll find answers to many of your questions about online ordering in these helpful guides and FAQs.
- When you order online, you can use the dropdown menu for payment methods to select "Financial Aid" if you have an award – such as De Anza College Promise or EOPS – that provides funds for books and materials.
- Our Bookstore staff is shipping orders as quickly as possible, while we take every precaution to help protect their health.
You'll find more information and useful links on the Student Information and Student Services webpages. Learn how to contact campus offices and programs this summer by visiting the Online Services webpage.
If you're struggling to meet basic needs such as food, housing or transportation, visit the Student Resources webpage.
Want to get a student email account or the De Anza mobile app? Visit our Tech Tools webpage.
Save money on books and materials by looking for the green "Zero-Cost" and "Low-Cost" symbols when you search the course listings. Learn more at deanza.edu/save-on-books
Priority enrollment helps you get your best registration date each quarter. See the complete list of steps to get priority enrollment.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Add and drop deadlines, school holidays and other important dates can be found on the Academic Calendar.
Keeping Track of Your Progress
DegreeWorks is designed to help you understand and meet the requirements for your major, degree or certificate, and create an educational plan. The program also helps track your courses, progress, grades, credits and GPA, and identify what you still need to take. Check out DegreeWorks in MyPortal.
The Financial Aid Office can help you secure loans, grants, fee waivers or scholarships for school. Find out if you're eligible and check out the online applications.
Get Your Degree - or Transfer - FREE!
Remember to apply for the De Anza College Promise: Eligible students get free tuition and fees for two years, plus $1,000 that you can use for books, materials or even a computer!