Applying for an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
Planning for the ADT
- Review the ADT Handout.
- Review the ADT requirements for your major. The most current information is available online at De Anza's AA-T/AS-T Degrees website.
- If you have coursework outside of Foothill-De Anza, request to have those transcripts sent to De Anza College immediately AND request to have them evaluated.
- Meet with a De Anza College counselor to develop your education plan to meet this goal.
Applying for the ADT Degree
- CSU TRANSFER STUDENTS: Apply to CSU during the appropriate application filing period.
- You are urged to apply during the priority filing period (October and November for the fall term and the first month of the filing period for all other terms).
- For winter/spring/summer transfer, check to see which campuses are accepting applications.
- If applying after the priority filing period for any term, check to see which campuses are still accepting applications AND consult with the CSU campus Admission Office regarding ADT benefits.
ALL OTHER STUDENTS (NON-CSU TRANSFER STUDENTS): Only step #3 below is required. Your ADT application will be processed in the same time frame as other
De Anza College AA/AS degrees.
- You MUST indicate on the CSU Admissions Application that you will be receiving the ADT, specifying the major and expected completion date.
- Complete the Eligibility Self-Assessment Form.
If eligible, meet with a De Anza College counselor/academic adviser to file your
ADT Application for Graduation WARNING: the Liberal Arts degree is NOT an ADT.
If you have coursework from outside Foothill-De Anza, be sure ALL transcripts are on file (and have been evaluated) at De Anza College before applying for the degree.
CSU applicants for fall 2016: If you plan on completing the ADT requirements by the end of spring 2016, you must petition for the degree by February 16, 2016 (5:00 p.m.) to meet CSU's verification deadline and receive any admission benefits associated with this degree.
CSU applicants - subsequent transfer terms: Deadline dates will be posted as soon as De Anza receives this information from CSU.
- Verification of ADT for fall 2016 CSU Transfer Applicants
If you file the ADT Application for Graduation by February 16, 2016 (5:00 p.m.), and had correctly identified your intention to receive the ADT degree on your CSU Admissions Application, De Anza will electronically verify your ADT status with CSU once your application has been processed. This verification acknowledges you are on-track to receive the degree at the end of spring 2016 and have submitted your application to graduate. (If you decide later not to pursue the degree or are unable to complete the requirements at the end of spring 2016, you are responsible for notifying your selected CSU campus(es) of this change in ADT status. De Anza will not be able to retract verifications.)
If you are a fall 2016 CSU applicant who will be eligible to receive the ADT at the end of spring 2016, but did not report your intention to receive the degree on your CSU Admissions Application, you must submit the Application for Graduation by February 16, 2016 (5:00 p.m.). If you meet this deadline, and it's determined you are eligible to receive the ADT as planned, De Anza will provide you with a verification form that you can send to your selected CSU campus(es).
Note: If you submitted your CSU Application during the priority filing period, and correctly identified the ADT degree and your expected completion date, you will be contacted by De Anza College with information on this process and timeline. Please check your email account often.
Late "Verification of ADT" Requests for Fall 2016
ADT Graduation Applications received after February 16, 2016 will be processed to award the degree HOWEVER the CSU Verification will only be provided to students who a) request a late verification and b) provide De Anza with a personalized (student's name must be included) correspondence from the CSU campus requesting a late verification.
- Follow all instructions provided by CSU and De Anza College and request to have De Anza College (and all applicable) transcripts sent to CSU. Read the transcript request information carefully - including the section at the bottom of the page.
The ADT awarded will be noted on your De Anza College transcript - which CSU will reference to verify degree completion.
Disclaimer: The final responsibility for successful transfer rests with the student. The information posted on the De Anza College Transfer Planning Website is designed to assist you in obtaining the most accurate information possible. However, this information is subject to change without notice, which may subsequently impact your admission to the University.
Students are encouraged to meet as early as possible and periodically with a counselor or academic adviser both at De Anza College and at the transfer institution to confirm your choice of classes.