- Apply for fall enrollment into De Anza College. This is a year long program (Fall, Winter and Spring).
- Complete Math and English placement tests.
- Complete Summer Bridge or other program specific orientation
- Must be eligible for EWRT 211 and READ 211 in Fall quarter
Other Program Essentials
- Taking classes based on educational goals
- Enrolling in program cohort classes with an emphasis on African centered pedagogy
- Meeting with an Umoja counselor at least twice per quarter to develop and update educational plans
- Participating in campus and statewide student leadership activities
- Participation in at least one program activity per quarter