Institute for Community and Civic Engagement

Community and Civic Engagement

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the likelihood that I'll be approved for Campus Cupboard services?

In the past, there have been only around 10 participants. The program is able to handle up to 50 students. So, right now the likelihood is that you will more than likely be approved and receive food packages. 

What can I use as proof of income?

Students  can prove income with a financial aid award letter, w-2, most recent pay stub, or filling out the no income section.

Where can I find my financial aid award letter?

Students have been having a hard time figuring out how to get a "financial aid award letter" they can ask for a copy in the Financial Aid Office or they can follow these instructions:
1. Log into MyPortal
2. Click "Financial Aid" tab
3. Click "Financial Aid Awards" link on the right hand side under Important Links (Next to the $)
4. Select current year under "Select Aid Year" section
5. Click "Award Overview" tab
6. Click "print" link to print "Financial Aid Award Letter"
7. Select File in the browser menu and Print


Do undocumented students qualify for Campus Cupboard?

Yes, undocumented students do qualify for Campus Cupboard

How do I know if I have been approved?

If you have been approved you will be contacted no later than the Wednesday before the food distribution date.

When do I get my food once I've been approved and is it guaranteed that I will get food once I've been approved?

When you have been approved you are guaranteed that you will receive food next food distribution date. You will need to pick up your food no later than the Friday that you are notified of the food distribution date. The exception to this will be if you make arrangements prior to Friday. The reason for this is the food packages may contain perishables.

What kind of food do I get?

The food that we distribute is given to us by West Valley Community Services. As such, the food we distribute can vary. It may  include items such as canned goods, dry goods such as cereal or oatmeal, juice, bread, fruit, soup, etc.

Institute for Community and Civic Engagement
Building: East Cottage
Contact: ICCE
Phone: (408) 864-5559

Last Updated: 5/19/15