What is OmniUpdate?
OmniUpdate is De Anza's Web content management system (WCMS), selected in summer 2007.
Using the power of templates, we've added navigation features and design options to our standard Web page design to help create usable, informative and up-to-date Web pages.
Benefits of OmniUpdate
- Easy-to-learn tool for creating and managing department and faculty Web pages on www.deanza.edu
- Provides a selection of flexible templates to fit our Web site content needs
- Work on your pages anytime, anywhere - all you need is a Web browser (Firefox 3.5 or higher) with an Internet connection. No more need for FTP or HTML editing software on your computer.
OU Open Lab Times
Please check back for the OmniUpdate lab schedule. This will be held in the new Staff Development Lab in MLC 243. A Web Team member will be on hand to answer your questions.
Need Help with Your OmniUpdate Faculty Website? See Steps to Build a Faculty Web Site Guide
Need help with Course Studio? See the ETS Course Studio page, including the Helpful Information section with links to quick guides and other support materials.
My Faculty Profile + MyPortal Course Studio
My Faculty Page Program
Help prospective students learn about you and the courses you teach!
Get a Faculty Profile public web page
listed on the De Anza Faculty Website listing
. Post information about yourself and basics about the courses you teach.Then use Course Studio in MyPortal
to post course materials and information, such as files, links, announcements and more, for students enrolled in each of your classes.
Request a Faculty Profile Page
- See an example of a My Faculty Page to find out if this is what you want and to get an idea of the type of information you'll want to provide.
- Fill out the Faculty Profile Request.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation with a request for the following: An image to use for your profile photo (see dimension requirements) and PDF files of your course syllabi (greensheets).
Activate MyPortal Course Studio
To learn about Course Studio
, log in to MyPortal
, go to the Faculty Tab, and find the MyCourse/Course Studio icon. You'll see a link to more information from there.
See the Online Tools Matrix to compare features between Course Studio and Catalyst and support contact information.