Placement Test Checklist
Please follow these steps to ensure successful preparation for taking placement tests.
- Apply to De Anza by completing online admissions application.
- Know your De Anza 8-digit Student ID number. This number is assigned and e-mailed after you complete your application.
- Read the test information and test question samples to determine which tests to take for each subject:
- You are strongly advised to review skills using sample tests before taking placement tests. If you do not prepare for testing you are likely to score one or more levels below your last completed course. You may not be able to retest. See Retest Policies.
- Testing is provided by appointment. Stand-by testing is also available but seating is not guaranteed. You should not test until you have read the test information, test samples, and prepared for your tests. See test dates and times.
- For Chemistry 1A/ Biology 6A paper & pencil test, report minimum 15 minutes prior to the test time at listed location. You will not be seated late. Test is available throughout the year but only on the posted dates.
- Bring a current valid photo I.D. (driver's license, passport, student ID card)
- Bring several sharpened pencils.
- If you feel you have either a learning disability or physical disability which might adversely affect your test results, you should contact the Disability Support Services at 408.864.8753 before testing.
- There are no fees for placement testing.
- Plan to take placement tests a minimum three (3) weeks before your registration date or the start of your Counseling 200 course.