Returns for Fall Quarter
- Last day for text book refunds: Friday, September 25, 2020
- Proof of drop honored until Monday, October 2, 2020
- Rental books are due by Monday, December 14, 2020. (this is subject to change depending on COVID-19 county and state regulations.)
New, used or rental textbooks may be returned within the first FIVE days of instruction for the quarter in which they are purchased – or the first THREE days for summer session. Used books are purchased "as is."
This policy applies to in-store and online purchases.
- All textbook returns require a receipt.
- Returns must be in original condition. All books must be returned per publisher standards for books that are purchased or rented when new, or per buyback standards for books that are purchased or rented when used.
- Custom course materials and open packages are nonrefundable.
- Course readers are nonrefundable.
- Digital content or access codes including Direct Digital Access are nonrefundable.
- Course materials fees are nonrefundable.
Textbook rentals must be turned in by the last day of final exams for the quarter in which they were originally rented to avoid being charged full new replacement value. See our rental policy for complete details.
Exceptions to Return Policies
- Dropped courses: If you drop a course, you must return the text book before the add/drop deadline, with verification, in order to receive a full refund. Official proof will be required at the time of return.
- Canceled courses
Additional Return Information
All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- For online orders, shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
- Photo identification is required at time of return and reimbursement.
- All refunds will be issued to the original account charged.
- All merchandise must be in saleable condition and in original packaging.
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund for any merchandise.
- All shrink-wrapped items are non-returnable if opened.
Return of some products may be restricted as stated in the manufacturer's warranties.
Products with lifetime guarantees should be returned to manufacturer according to
Books must be returned within seven days of purchase.
The following items cannot be returned: cut goods, all paper products, mat and foam boards, any open product and special orders. All other items must be returned within seven days of purchase and be in saleable condition.
Clothing or Gifts
All items must be returned within seven days of purchase with merchandise tags. Jewelry and articles that have been washed, worn or torn are not accepted for return.
Computer items cannot be returned.
Electronics, including Accessories
All returns must be unopened and in saleable condition. Electronics must be returned within seven days of purchase. Upon approval, defective merchandise will be replaced with the same item only. Batteries are nonreturnable. Earbud headphones not returnable unless defective.
School and Office Supplies
All school and office supplies must be returned within seven days of purchase, unopened, and in saleable condition. Special orders are nonreturnable. Film products are nonreturnable.
Food, Beverages or Sundries
These items are nonreturnable unless defective.
Online Merchandise (Exception: course materials refund policy)
All merchandise must be returned within seven days of its ship date. No prior authorization is required. Original shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable unless the merchandise is proven defective or the wrong merchandise is shipped. All returned merchandise must be received in new, saleable condition with:
- The merchandise tag(s)
- A copy of your receipt
If you are unable to provide a copy of your receipt, we cannot guarantee we will be able to provide you with a refund. However, we would be happy to provide you with store credit in the form of a De Anza College Bookstore gift card. We no longer do direct exchanges (please see below). If you have special circumstances regarding your return, please contact us.
If you would like to complete an exchange, please return the item you do not want and we will refund you for that item. Then, at any time, please place a new order for the new item you want. The cost to you, our customer, will be no different than if you completed a direct exchange. However, handling our exchanges this way greatly reduces turnaround time and ensures the item you are ordering will be fulfilled.
Defective or Wrong Merchandise
If you receive defective merchandise, or if you are sent the wrong item, please contact us.
Please ship all returns to:
De Anza College Bookstore
ATTN: Web Orders
21250 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Cupertino, CA 95014
Please include your receipt and the merchandise. We recommend using FedEx, UPS or USPS with tracking and delivery confirmation when returning items, for your own protection.