Contact a Counselor or Adviser
When making your appointment, be sure to request a counselor (not an academic adviser) if you need assistance with academic probation, career exploration, a financial aid extension, or personal counseling.
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 winter quarter, you can still speak with a counselor or academic adviser by phone, email or Zoom video.
If there are no appointments available, please check back, as new appointment times will become available every day
You can have a quick online chat with a counselor or academic adviser- without an appointment. These sessions are only 10-15 minutes and are meant for quick questions regarding academic, career, transfer and personal counseling and advising.
Click the gold button below to log in through the eSARS system during the drop-in hours listed below. When the eSARS screen opens:
- Log in with your student ID (also known as Campuswide ID, or CWID) and date of birth (MMDDYYYY)
- Click the "Drop-In" button and select a reason for your appointment; then click "Continue."
- These sessions are not meant for completing a comprehensive educational plan, personal counseling or financial aid extension.
- During drop-in hours, counselors and advisers will see students in the order they enter the Zoom session. You may have to wait for your turn if a counselor/adviser is speaking with another student.
- If the Drop-In option is greyed out, there is no availability during that time. Please check back later during the posted drop-in hours.
Winter Quarter Drop-in Hours:
- Monday & Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Wednesday & Thursday: 12 - 3 p.m.
Use our Online Adviser program for quick questions. Counselors and academic advisers from the De Anza Counseling Center will respond to your questions through the Online Adviser system. Questions should be brief and relate to general academic issues only.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Meeting
- Before you come in, prepare a list of questions that you want to ask.
- Bring your unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required by the College) from other colleges, your placement test scores, your educational plan and any other records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss. (See the accordion list below for examples of relevant documents.)
- Be on time!
- If you cannot make your appointment, click here to cancel or reschedule.
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Monday January 18, 2021
- Friday, February 12, 2021
- Monday, February 15, 2021