Call for Entries
All students who have written an essay on works of literature in a De Anza College English course during this past year are eligible to enter the annual Carolyn Keen Literature Prize competition, sponsored by the Foothill-De Anza Foundation.
The prize is in recognition of Carolyn Keen, a founding member of the college's English Department and Literature Studies. Prizes range from $100 to $300. The top winning essay will be published in the Red Wheelbarrow, De Anza's literary magazine
2014 Carolyn Keen Winners:
- "Ouroboros Interrupted" by Beth Hightower
- "Passing as a Warrior's Strategy" by Yuri Nishiyama
- "The Binary Blues" by Alex Krantzler
2015 Contest Deadline: Friday, May 29, 2015
- Open to students who have written essays in a De Anza College English course during the past academic year since Summer Quarter 2014.
- Submission of an essay that presents an analysis of a literary text or texts.
- The essay must be a minimum of three pages and a maximum of 15 pages.
How to Apply
- Compose an essay & attach it in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a 100-200 Word bio stating your academic and career goals.
- Submit a 100 word abstract about the essay.
- Make sure the one copy of your essay is in .doc or .pdf format
For more information: Contact Julie Pesano at 408.864.8653 or email@example.com