Welcome to my website!
Check out some of my recent work at De Anza:
- Fall 2022 Save the Dates (Learn more about the workshops I am hosting and save the dates for Fall 2022 opportunities to learn together)
- Heritage Month Workgroup (Advancing greater inclusion of all members of our learning community through the Heritage Month, Identity Recognition Days, and Multifaith Calendars)
- Student Equity Partners (Providing support for campus-wide programs and services instrumental in our efforts to meet student equity goals)
- Unlocking the Equity Sections of the Program Review (Student Learning Outcomes 2022 Convocation presentation)
- Jewish Inclusion and Anti-Semitism Community Education Summit (centering Jewish inclusion at a time when Anti-Semitism is on the rise)
- I.D.E.A. Define and Apply Workshops (developing working definitions of Identity and Inclusion, Diversity, Equality and Equity, Access and Acceptance)
- Winter 2022 Poem: Please Don't Talk in My Face presented at the BFSA Open Mic Poetry Night February 25, 2022
- Fall 2021 Report to the De Anza Academic Senate: My First Quarter as Faculty Director
My preferred name is Lee and I have contributed to the design, implementation, and evaluation of numerous educational and professional development programs. My commitment to teacher education, social justice and holistic pedagogical design is grounded in experience as a National Board Certified English, Civics, and National Board Certified Social Studies teacher in urban American public middle schools and in my consultancy work with higher education faculties and learning communities around technology integration, pedagogical transformation, diversity, equity, and inclusion. I prepare K-12 and higher education faculty, staff, and administrators to support the learning goals of culturally and linguistically diverse students by illuminating pedagogical and ideological intersectionality and focusing on critical literacy and teacher ideology-in-practice.
I am a Certified Yoga Instructor, Certified Social and Emotional Learning Facilitator, Certified Gifted and Talented Educator, Sacred Conversations Master Dialogue Facilitator, Microsoft Technology Enriched Instruction Faculty Fellow, Certified Presencing Institute Digital Leader, Google Educator Level II Certified Instructor, and Adobe Creative Educator. I also serve on the Board of Directors for Free Black Thought.
Check out a video I created for my graduate students to demonstrate ways to incorporate digital storytelling into their work using completely free and open source resources.
Social Media Roundup