Equity Champion Awards
The Equity Champion Awards recognize and celebrate individuals making significant contributions to inclusion at De Anza College – and to advancing the college's vision of equity, social justice and multicultural education. The program is sponsored by the Equity Action Council, a college shared governance group.
And the 2022 Award Recipients Are ...
- Student: Aminata Henry
- Classified Professional: Angélica Esquivel Moreno
- Faculty member: Alicia Mullens
- Administrator: Elvin Ramos
- Team, department or program: Guided Pathways, Claudia Guzman and Jesus Ruelas
- Elder: Edmundo Norte
- Courageous Heart Award: CSEA Union
Congratulations and thank you to the outstanding recipients of the 2022 Equity Champion Awards for their contributions to inclusion at De Anza College and to advancing the college’s vision of equity, social justice and multicultural education.
We recognize that there are multiple ways of demonstrating commitment to these values. The individual or team being nominated should also embody the spirit and principles reflective in the criteria below. The following are examples of ways that nominees may exemplify their commitment to equity:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of equity by advancing best practices in their respective office and/or program
- Exhibits leadership qualities in their work through collaboration, courageous conversations, inclusion through an intersectional lens, and fosters accountability.
- Prioritizes student needs and advocates for systemic and institutional change to address them to ensure equitable opportunities.
- Serves as a creative and equity-minded decision maker in the shared governance process
- Fosters practices that help bridge the student equity gaps
The individual or team being nominated should also embody the spirit and principles reflected in the above criteria.
Feel free to reach out to Adriana Garcia at EquityOffice@deanza.edu for any questions.
Meet Last Year's WinnersRead all about our 2022 Equity Champion Award winners