Email sent March 6, 2020
After another week of coronavirus news reports, we want to provide some information and an important college website resource.
* Health officials are taking proactive steps to reduce the risk to the general community, and De Anza College is continuing to follow all recommendations from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The latest county health department guidance is to cancel large events, but they note this does not apply to schools unless there are special circumstances.
* Everyday hygiene measures remain the most important precautions against the coronavirus, seasonal flu and other respiratory illness. This includes washing hands frequently, covering coughs and sneezes properly, avoiding close contact with others who are sick – and staying home when you are sick.
* The college has implemented additional cleaning and sanitation measures.
* De Anza will ensure that your education continues under any circumstances. You will receive your grades, and the credits you earned.
* We will continue to provide updates, as needed, by email and on the college website at the link below. This link is also available on the homepage of the college website. If any change in college operations becomes necessary, we will notify you promptly via email, the website, social media and other channels.
De Anza College