Email sent March 18, 2020
Because De Anza is now providing all classes and many college services through remote formats, we wanted to make sure you know about these resources. We also want to remind you that spring quarter classes will begin April 13, a week later than originally scheduled. We'll have more details about spring quarter very soon.
* Online Classes: The Online Education Center has assembled a package of tips and resources to assist you with using Canvas, Zoom video and other remote learning tools that your classes may be adopting. Visit the center's Student Resource Hub for answers to many of your questions.
* Food Resources: The mobile food pantry from West Valley Community Services is continuing to visit Parking Lot C from 12:30-3:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, while the De Anza Food Pantry is temporarily closed. You’ll find a list of other area food programs on our Resources for Basic Needs webpage.
* Chat With a Librarian! If you have questions or need reference help, the Library has a new online chat function available Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., and Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Look for the red button on the Library website.
* Student Services: Many offices – including Admissions and Records, Counseling and Financial Aid – are providing services by email, Zoom video and other formats. Check this list of contact information and special hours for remote services.
* Tutoring and Student Success Center (SSC): The SSC is offering peer tutoring and workshops through Zoom videoconferencing. You can also get free online tutoring through Smarthinking and NetTutor. Check the SSC's Services Update webpage for more details.
* Psychological Services: Free counseling is available by phone or online. To schedule an appointment with one of De Anza’s Psychological Services counselors, call 408.864.8868 or email email@example.com. You’ll need to provide your eight-digit student identification number, also known as a campuswide ID or CWID.
* Free Internet: Comcast is offering free internet service for the next two months through its Internet Essentials program for low-income households. Generally, you can qualify if you are receiving SNAP, SSI, WIC or other forms of income assistance. Visit internetessentials.com/covid19 for more information.
* Need a Computer? Students can get discounts on computers, software and other tech products through the CollegeBuys program. Visit the CollegeBuys online store.
As you know, De Anza has moved to remote formats – including online tools, videoconferencing, email and telephone – to comply with health officials' orders and guidance for reducing the spread of the coronavirus. While this means you should not come to campus, our instructors, staff and administrators are working to ensure that you will be able to complete your classes and receive the grades and credits you have earned.
Your instructors will provide information about specific class arrangements. If you have any questions, please contact your instructor.
We'll keep you updated, and don't forget to check for more information and helpful resources on our newly redesigned Coronavirus Response webpage: deanza.edu/healthservices/coronavirus.
De Anza College