Welcome to HEFAS!
HEFAS will be open during the following times:
9 a.m. - 5 p.m,
9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
HEFAS (Higher Education for AB 540 Students) is an institutional and educational program that provides free services, reduces financial stress, and creates a safe space for all with an emphasis on students with an undocumented, low income, or AB 540 status.
We're dedicated to empowering students, building leaders, promoting social justice, and advocating for higher education. Our vision is to give students, parents, educators, and community members the tools to support students in reaching higher education regardless of the barriers that may exist.
HEFAS provides free services such as
- Book loan program and calculator rentals;
- Testing materials;
- Educational workshops.
And easy access to
- Scholarship and financial aid information;
- Peer mentors and tutors;
- Information on legislation and policy issues.
Read more about HEFAS in the La Voz News archives.
Drop in with a Student
|Daisy||Wednesday- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM | Thursday- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM|
|Nina||Tuesday- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Annabelle||Friday- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Christina||Thursday- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Friday- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Veronica||Wednesday- 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM|
|Corina||Tuesday- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
Drop in with a Staff
Our Program Coordinators are here to support you! These are our office hours for Fall 2021.
For Ed plans, promise programs and any counseling support please schedule with Norma Guido Flores or e-mail at: email@example.com
Norma Guido Flores
Thursday- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Monday- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Wednesday- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Thursday- 11:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Monday- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Wednesday- 11:00 AM- 12:30 PM
Make an appointment if you need help with:
|Career Counseling||Financial Aid|
|Changing major||Food Pantry|
|Comp Ed Plan Follow Up||Immigration|
|Crisis Counseling||Legal Aid|
|Ed Plan - Comprehensive||Probation|
|Ed Plan - First Quarter||Promise Program|
|Ed Plan Update||Resources|
|TAG information||Transfer Counseling|
Donate to HEFAS
Information for donations
- Click "Quick Donate" button
- Select the amount for donation
- Then, select option of "Other"
- And type "HEFAS" and fill out the form with your information
Online Office Hours
Our office is closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but we are available online and will continue to provide resources when possible.
- Student Guides (Online Learning, Studying at Home, Creating Online Communities, and Self-Care during Isolation). See attached .pdf or bit.ly/DeAnzaStudentGuides
- Students’ Perspectives: Tools to Support Online Learning. See attached .pdf or bit.ly/StudentsPerspectives
- Local Resources for the De Anza Community (Financial, food, housing, etc.): bit.ly/DeAnzaLocalResources
"My favorite thing about HEFAS is just knowing it exists, and that if I refer a student to HEFAS there will be a safe and supportive environment welcoming them! Also, the student interns are super friendly and personable; plus always down to support wider campus events."- Melecia Navarro, De Anza alum and EOPS Program Coordinator
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a workshop.
11.2 million undocumented immigrants of all ages live in the US
1.8 million undocumented children under the age of 18 live in the US
65,000 undocumented students graduate high school every year
Only 7,000-13,000 undocumented students enroll in college throughout the US
An estimated 3,000-5,000 undocumented students are enrolled in college in CA