Faculty Resource Hub
This page will be used to provide resources for faculty who are teaching online this spring. We'll add new workshops weekly! Please bookmark this page and check back often.
Resources & Training Opportunities
Canvas Certification Training
We’ve updated our Canvas Certification Training process to reflect the need for providing remote training to faculty who are new to Canvas.
Certification training is divided into four parts:
- Module 1 - 1 hour, online/self-paced
- Module 2 - 2 hours, workshop/webinar
- Module 3 - 3 hours, online/self-paced
- Module 4 - 1 hour, workshop/webinar
Your Canvas account will be created when you sign up for a Module 2 workshop date and you will receive an email with instructions.
Upon completion of Module 3, you will be prompted to sign up for your Module 4 workshop/webinar.
Module 2 - If you are new to Canvas, this is where you start. After you sign up for Module 2, you will receive a first email within a few days giving you access to Canvas and our online Certification Training course. There you will read through Module 1 on your own before attending the Module 2 workshop via Zoom.
You will receive a second email within a day or two of the Module 2 workshop you choose with the Zoom link.
- Thursday, August 13 - 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, August 19 - 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday, September 9 - 10:00am-12:00pm
Fast-Track Certfication Training
If you are an experienced Canvas user, but new to Canvas at De Anza, you can sign up for Fast Track Training, which includes Module 1 of our traditional certification training (1 hour online/self-paced) and a 1-hour workshop via Zoom that covers Course Activation at De Anza.
- Thursday, August 27 - 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Wednesday, September 16 - 10:00am-11:00am
Canvas A-La-Carte (Drop-In Canvas Training
Have a workshop suggestion? email email@example.com
Dawn Lee Tu is available by request for practice sessions, troubleshooting, whatever topic you’d like to go through, developing teaching strategies using zoom, and moral support :)
Don’t hesitate to ask! Please email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
Beyond the Basics Canvas Workshops
Using Video Online
Tuesday, August 25 - 10:00am-11:00am
Tuesday, August 4 - 2:00pm-3:00pm
Canvas Quick Tips
Wednesday, September 2- 2:00pm-3:00pm
Wednesday, August 12 - 12:00pm-1:00pm
Recordings of Previous Webinars (Alphabetized)
- Assignments & Grading in Canvas
- Canvas Commons
- Discussions in Canvas
- Flipgrid (Webinar by Jen Myhre)
- Listening & Speaking Activities in Canvas
- Making the Jump to Online
- Modules and Course Organization (4/6/20)
- Online Office Hours
- Quizzes in Canvas
- Rubrics in Canvas
- Video Resources in Canvas
- Zoom Basics
- Zoom Whiteboard Lectures
Online Open Labs
- Monday, August 10 - 2-4pm
- Tuesday, August 11 - 11-12:30pm
- Wednesday, August 12 - 3:00-4:00pm
Additional open labs can also be found in the Canvas Certification Training Calendar in Canvas.
Guides, Resources and External Training
- Beyond the Basics Canvas Course - Resources for some more advanced features of Canvas. Email email@example.com to gain access to this course.
- Have You Explored Our FAQs? In the Canvas Certification Training Course available on your Canvas Dashboard, click on Modules. The first Module is a Toolkit that has valuable links and instructions to some commonly asked Canvas questions, including a Faculty FAQ page.