Thanks for Attending the 2019
New Student and Family Open House!
For hundreds of area high school students and their families, the Open House on Saturday, April 27, was an opportunity to have fun and learn about De Anza – the college that's always Tops in Transfer!
Participants met with De Anza instructors and staff, toured the campus and learned about academic programs and campus resources. It was a chance to attend workshops, connect with Learning Communities and find out more about campus clubs and activities, while enjoying shave ice and other treats!
Students also entered a drawing to win Bookstore vouchers worth $250 each. Ten winners were selected and have been notified by email.
Watch this site for information about next year's Open House. And don't forget to check out the De Anza College Promise!
NEW: Get Your Degree - or Transfer - FREE!
It's not too late to apply for the De Anza College Promise for the 2019-20 school year. Eligible students get free tuition and fees for two years, plus $1,000 for books!
- Tours begin at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Meet in front of the Flint Center
- Each tour is 45-60 minutes
Individual Assistance: 10 a.m.-noon
- Applying for Admission: Advanced Technology Center (AT) Room 312
- Financial Aid: Baldwin Winery Building
Administration of Justice “Crime Scene Investigation” Workshop
- 11 a.m.-noon, Building L, Room 22
- Visit a staged “crime scene,” see state-of-the-art forensic lab equipment
Automotive Technology Tours
- See the De Anza Auto Tech garage and work facilities
- Intermittent times; please check in at the Auto Tech table under the BCSAT Division tent
Economics Information Session
- 11-11:30 a.m., Administration Building (ADM) Room 103
- Learn about courses, career options and our associate degree for transfer
Financial Aid Workshop: Navigating the Application Process
- 11 a.m.-noon, Advanced Technology Center (AT) Room 205
- It’s not too late to complete your FAFSA or Dream Act Application
Humanities Mellon Scholars Information Sessions
- Two sessions: 11-11:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-noon, Administration Building (ADM) Room 101
- Join a Learning Community with faculty mentors, paid internships, guaranteed admission to University of San Francisco – and up to $20,000 in scholarships!
Learning Communities Information Session
- 11 a.m.-noon, Learning Center West (LCW) Room 102
- Find out about our supportive Learning Communities, including First Year Experience, IMPACT AAPI, Puente, Umoja and VIDA