Two students 

Concurrent High School Students

Do you want to get ahead? Take classes at De Anza College while still attending high school!

  • You must be in the 11th or 12th grade to register for De Anza classes
  • You may enroll in up to 11 units (6 units in the summer)
  • Students  may not take ESL, Basic Skills, GUID, SKILS or 200 level (nondegree applicable) courses.
  • Courses need to be vocational, enrichment, or courses unavailable at your high school.
  • Students enrolled in more than 11 units (6 in summer) at either Foothill, De Anza, or combined, will be charged all fees.
  • Please see prerequisite clearance guidelines before enrolling in a World Language course.

Steps to get started.

1. College Application:

2. Submit the high school release form printed with your application verification by fax, mail, or in person.  

  • Downloaded and print the High School Concurrent Enrollment Permit to Enroll FormRev. 10/24/11
  • Make sure it includes all signatures, the courses you are approved to take, etc. Read the important information on the form.
  • Once your form is received and processed, you will be assigned a registration appointment time. You can check your registration date and get other important information when you log into the MyPortal registration system. 

3. Placement tests

  • Sign on to the MyPortal registration system on your date and time to register and register for the courses you listed on the high school enrollment form you submitted.
  • You will be informed of your fees during the online registration process.
    Payment may be made online, by mail, drop box, or in person. Fees are due at the time of registration.

Extra Information for high school students attending De Anza:

  1. Your records are confidential and protected by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and are not available to parents without a written release from the student;

  2. Your high school might not accept courses that you complete that were not approved on your release form – make sure you get high school approval before enrolling;

  3. You will need to request transcripts if you want your grades sent to your high school or need a transcript sent to another college or university – request transcripts online at or print your unofficial transcript at MyPortal.

  4. All courses will appear on your permanent record and must be reported to any other college or university to which you apply.

  5. Students enrolled in 11 or more units (6 in summer) are considered full time, and state regulations require you are charged all fees. This includes students enrolled part-time at both De Anza and Foothill during the same term.

Contact Admissions and Records if you have further questions 408.864.5300.

For additional resources click Student Resources

Building: Seminar (SEM 3)
Contact: Outreach
Phone: 408.864.8327

Hours:  M-F 8:30am-4:30pm 


Last Updated: 1/27/15