The De Anza College Cashier's Office is the sole petty cash custodian for all departments and programs on campus. This established fund is set up for the purchase of low-value supplies (less than $100).
Expenses paid from the petty cash fund can only be used for the purpose(s) for which the fund was authorized and must be supported by original receipts, which should include the following information:
- Date of purchase or payment
- Name of vendor or other payee
- Positive evidence that payment was made (i.e., a cash register receipt or a handwritten receipt on which the word "Paid" appears)
- Amount paid
- Description of the goods purchased (entered by the vendor if a handwritten receipt is obtained, or by the purchaser if a cash register tape is issued)
Petty Cash Voucher Requirements
- A petty cash voucher (PDF) must accompany the original receipt(s).
- A petty cash voucher (PDF) will be considered for reimbursement only if it includes the following information:
- Name of employee (staff/faculty)
- Supply item(s) purchased
- Dollar amount
- Signature of manager authorizing payment (Approved By)
- Signature of employee/staff upon receiving the cash from the Cashier's Office
- The employee/payee may not be the same as the Approved By manager.
- Any voucher totaling more than $100 in original receipts cannot be honored by the Petty Cash custodian. For reimbursement on items for more than $100, submit a check request form signed by the budgeter and accompanied with original receipt(s) to District Accounting. Download a Direct Pay form from the Accounting Banner Forms Web site.
Petty Cash Reimbursement Service Hours
- Monday to Thursday: 8 to 10 a.m., 2 to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 8 to 10 a.m.
Contact the Cashier's Office for further information.