Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|00769||EWRT 1A||64Z||·······||TBA-TBA||Jamie Joseph||ONLINE|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-04-08 to 2019-06-28.
EWRT-001A-64Z: Online Course. Students must have access to a computer, the Web and an individual email address. Exclusively using a tablet or phone may prevent you from successfully completing a course. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211); or equivalent placement (normally based on results of the English Placement Tests).