This course explores elements of discrete mathematics with applications to computer science. Topics include methods of proof, mathematical induction, logic, sets, relations, graphs, combinatorics, and Boolean algebra.
|25313||MATH 22||1Z||M·W····||04:00 PM-06:15 PM||William Wilson||ONLINE|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2021-09-20 to 2021-12-10.
Footnote InformationMATH-022.-01Z:Fully ONLINE. This class meets each week on scheduled days and times as noted in the class listing. Students must have access to a computer, the internet and an individual email address. We recommend a laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete the course; a tablet or phone may not be adequate for all assignments and tests. Most De Anza classes will use the Canvas course management system. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382 . The Student Online Resources hub with extensive information and tips can be found at deanza.edu/online-ed/students/remotelearning . TI 83 or 84 Plus Recommended
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in MATH 22H.
- MATH 32 or MATH 32H (with a grade of C or better) or equivalent, and CIS 22A or CIS 35A (with a grade of C or better) or equivalent.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211, or ESL 272 and 273.