Major American Writers (The Advent of Realism, 1865-1914) - HONORS
This course explores the reading and critical analysis of representative works by major writers such as Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain, Henry James, William Dean Howells, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Charles Chesnutt, Mary Wilkins Freeman, Kate Chopin, Stephen Crane, Booker T. Washington, W.E.B. DuBois, Black Elk, and Robert Frost. Because this is an honors program course, students will be expected to complete extra assignments to gain deeper insight in Literature.
|37871||ELIT 48BH||01Z||M······||10:30 AM-12:20 PM||Becky Roberts||ONLINE|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2022-01-03 to 2022-03-25.
- 4 Units
- Four hours lecture (48 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in ELIT 48B.
- Admission into this course requires consent of the Honors Program Coordinator.
- Eligibility for college-level composition (EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or (EWRT 1AS and EWRT 1AT) or ESL 5) as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.