Discover Your Village!
If you want to succeed in your academic journey, it helps to know where to begin. At De Anza, your Guided Pathways Village is a great starting point for the whole college experience!
Your Village is a supportive community of students, faculty and staff members who share your interests and goals.
- Each Village offers events and fun activities keyed to your major and related subjects.
- It's also a central place to find relevant information and services – including program maps, which can help you save time and make steady progress toward your goals.
- Later in the year, we'll have designated spaces on campus where you can meet up with others in your Village!
FIRST – Find the right village
How do you find the right village? It's easy: If you’ve already declared a major, you’re in a village! Each village is organized around one of the subject areas listed below. These are broad areas that include a number of related majors – so you can explore a variety of pathways and career opportunities related to your interests.
Not sure you’re in the right place? You’re not locked in to any major or village. Feel free to check out any of the village subject areas and speak with a counselor about changing your major, goal or village.
NEXT – Find the path to your goal
Each village has a set of program maps for the majors and goals available in its subject areas. These maps will show you which courses to take, quarter by quarter, to reach your goal, whether it’s earning a degree or certificate, or transferring to a university in your major – or both.
Program maps will help you work efficiently toward your goals. You can find them by clicking the “Learn more” links for each village below.
COMPLETE LIST OF DEGREES AND CERTIFICATES
Explore These Villages
Imagine ~ Create ~ Inspire
Expand creative talents and hone an appreciation for beauty. Build practical skills to both communicate and inspire.
Artistic Expression Majors
- Film and Television
- Graphic and Interactive Design
- Liberal Arts: Arts and Letters Emphasis (or, you can choose the Language and Communication Village)
- Photographic Arts
- Professional Photography
Business and Finance
Invest ~ Manage ~ Market
Make the numbers add up! Learn leadership and innovation while gaining knowledge and skills to succeed in business or related sectors.
Business and Finance Majors
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts: Business and Computer Information Systems emphasis (or, you can choose the Physical Sciences and Technology Village)
- Marketing Management
- Real Estate
Health and Life Sciences
Examine ~ Nurture ~ Heal
Understand the workings of the human body and what supports life. Examine ways to nurture a balance between mind, body and environment.
Health and Life Sciences Majors
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies
- Health Technologies
- Human Development
- Liberal Arts: Science, Math and Engineering Emphasis (or, you can choose the Physical Sciences and Technology Village)
- Medical Laboratory Technology
Language and Communication
Communicate ~ Connect ~ Influence
Explore new ways to communicate and connect. Learn to persuade, speak new languages and discover methods of story-telling.
Language and Communication Majors
- Communication Studies
- English as a Second Language
- Public Relations
- Liberal Arts: Arts and Letters Emphasis (or, you can choose the Artistic Expression Village)
- World Languages
- Sign Language
Physical Sciences and Technology
Explore ~ Experiment ~ Discover
Investigate the physical world, including the laws of math and science. Find new ways to design, create or repair physical systems.
Physical Sciences and Technology Majors
- Automotive Technician
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Database Development Practitioner
- Design and Manufacturing Technologies
- Liberal Arts: Business and Computer Information Systems Emphasis (or, you can choose the Business and Finance Village)
- Liberal Arts: Science, Math and Engineering Emphasis (or, you can choose the Health and Life Sciences Village)
- Project Management Practitioner
Social Sciences and Humanities
Observe ~ Engage ~ Transform
Gain understanding of human behavior and social interactions. Prepare to question and transform systems or institutions that define our lives.
Social Sciences and Humanities Majors
- Administration of Justice
- Child Development and Education
- Ethnic Studies:
- African American Studies
- Asian American and Asian Studies
- Chicanx/Latinx Studies
- Comparative Ethnic Studies
- Native American and Indigenous Studies
- Global (International) Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- Law, Public Policy and Society
- Leadership and Social Change
- Liberal Arts: Social and Behavioral Sciences Emphasis
- Paralegal Studies
- Political Science
- Social Justice Studies
- Women's Studies
Not Sure Which Major (or Village) Is Right for You?
No worries! Try these tools and resources to help you explore your talents and interests.
Want a Little Extra Support?
De Anza has programs, courses and counselors to provide extra support as you work toward your academic goals.